Due to a firmware bug, the HP DesignJet Z2600/Z5600 printers will reject trade ink cartridges with Warranty End Date March 2019 onwards. It is very important to note that the supplies ARE NOT defective. To address this issue, it is mandatory to upgrade all the printers in the field to the new released firmware version: 01_02_00.4. Once upgraded, the printer will no longer reject the cartridges, as the firmware fixes the problem.
Differences between SureColor P5000 & Stylus Pro 4900
Epson’s newest printer, the SureColor P5000 replaces the previous generation’s Stylus Pro 4900. So what’s the difference between the two printers?
Epson SureColor P5000 Improvements Over Previous Generation
- 200mL UltraChrome HDX 10-Color Newly developed “Core Pigments”
- Orange, Green and Black Inks that are 1.5 time denser than the Stylus Pro 4900.
- Wider contrast ratio and improved resin encapsulation technology.
- Superior gloass uniformity and optically clearer, sharper images.
- Improved dust and static control for reduced nozzle clogging and maintenance and supports printless nozzle checks for time, production and resource efficiency.