What is RIP Software?
A Raster Image Processor or RIP turns vector images into high-resolution images.works as a translator/converter between PS images on your computer to raster images on your printer. More advanced RIP Software allows users to enhance workflow and consistent color in production printing by batch processing, nesting, cropping, “best-fit”, preview, Advanced layout functions, scaling and queing print jobs. Some Post Script (PS) printers have RIP Software built-in to enhance workflow. Popular RIP Software producers include: ImagePrint and ColorBurst.
Applications - Why would you need a RIP Software?
- You need to print PostScript files (EPS, PS or PDF Files)
- You need to match specific PANTONE colors
- You print a high volume of prints and you need consistent color
- You need to “nest” or put multiple images on one layout
- You print onmultiple printers at the same time on your network
- You need to create proofs or simulate an offset press
- You need to override the printer driver
Epson Designer Edition Printers such as the 3880, 4900, 7890 & 9890 DES already have RIP Software built-in for additional functionality. If you’re looking for a printer to meet certain application needs listed above, Epson has Instant Rebate Savings through 6/30/11 on Designer Edition Printers.
If you have any further questions regarding RIP Software, feel free to give us a call or post a comment below. We’re always happy to help our customers!